Medicare Supplement Plan N is a popular Medicare Supplement Plan, also referred to as a Medigap Plan that rewards beneficiaries with lower premiums in exchange for taking on more risk with deductibles and out of pocket expenses like copays for each doctor office visit as well as emergency room visits.
Plan N is standardized, meaning the benefits are the same with all insurance companies. The difference would be; the premium, service and financial strength of the company offering the Plan N coverage
Medicare Supplement Plan N covers your Part A deductible and Part A & B coinsurance:
- Hospitalization copayments & coinsurance
- 365 days of hospitalization after original Medicare benefits end
- Hospice care
- Three pints of blood each year
- Medicare-approved services & supplies
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) coverage
- Benefits outside of the U.S. for emergencies
- And more!
What Is The Difference Between Plan N and Plan G?
There are two main differences between Plan N and Plan G.
- Plan N leaves you responsible for copayments up to $20 per visit to doctor’s office and $50 for emergency room visits.
- Plan N does not cover Part B excess charges, which is whatever the doctor charges above what Medicare covers.
Because you’re taking on more risk with Plan N vs. Plan G, your premiums are usually less.
Can Plan N Cover Me Outside Of The United States?
Plan N will provide coverage for medically necessary care you receive in the first 60 days outside of the United States. Check with your agent for specifics about how much coverage would be provided.
Are All Companies The Same Price For Medicare Supplement Plan N
There are many companies who offer Medicare Supplement Plan N. While the plan itself does not vary, the pricing can vary from company to company.
Do You Have Other Questions About Medicare Supplement Plan N?
Do you need help navigating your Medicare and understanding the Medicare options available to you? We’re here to help. Our agency has dedicated ourselves to helping Medicare eligible customers understand their Medicare Insurance and helping you find a supplement plan that works for your situation and budget. Please give us a call.